CompTIA® Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) (Exam CAS-001)
Course length: 5 days
Course Objective: You will examine advanced security concepts, principles, and implementations that pertain to enterprise-level security. Target Student: This course is targeted toward an IT professional that has the technical knowledge and skills required to conceptualize, design, and engineer secure solutions across complex enterprise environments. Students aspiring to CASP certification should have a minimum of 10 years experience including at least five years of hands-on technical security experience. Prerequisites: While there are no strict prerequisites, CompTIA intends the CASP certification to serve as an add-on to the CompTIA® Security+® certification, or equivalent technical experience.
Recommended courses (or the equivalent certifications):
- CompTIA® Security+® is strongly recommended.
- CompTIA® A+® Certification: A Comprehensive Approach for All 2009 Exam Objectives (Windows 7) and CompTIA® Network+® will also be helpful.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- identify enterprise security fundamentals.
- apply enterprise security technology solutions.
- identify enterprise resource technologies and the potential security implications for these resources.
- design security solutions.
- identify application security design issues such as best practices for development and testing as well as threat mitigation techniques.
- manage risk, security policies, and security procedures within an enterprise.
- integrate security solutions within an enterprise.
- conduct security research and analysis.
Lesson 1: The Enterprise Security Architecture
Topic 1A: The Basics of Enterprise Security
Topic 1B: The Enterprise Structure
Topic 1C: Enterprise Security Requirements
Lesson 2: Enterprise Security Technology
Topic 2A: Common Network Security Components and Technologies
Topic 2B: Communications and Collaboration Security
Topic 2C: Cryptographic Tools and Techniques
Topic 2D: Advanced Authentication
Lesson 3: Enterprise Resource Technology
Topic 3A: Enterprise Storage Security Issues
Topic 3B: Distributed, Shared, and Virtualized Computing
Topic 3C: Cloud Computing and Security
Lesson 4: Security Design and Solutions
Topic 4A: Network Security Design
Topic 4B: Conduct a Security Assessment
Topic 4C: Host Security
Lesson 5: Application Security Design
Topic 5A: Application Security Basics
Topic 5B: Web Application Security
Lesson 6: Managing Risk, Security Policies, and Security Procedures
Topic 6A: Analyze Security Risk
Topic 6B: Implement Risk Mitigation Strategies and Controls
Topic 6C: Implement Enterprise-Level Security Policies and Procedures
Topic 6D: Prepare for Incident Response and Recovery
Lesson 7: Enterprise Security Integration
Topic 7A: The Technology Life Cycle
Topic 7B: Inter-Organizational Change
Topic 7C: Integrate Enterprise Disciplines to Achieve Secure Solutions
Lesson 8: Security Research and Analysis
Topic 8A: Perform an Industry Trends and Impact Analysis
Topic 8B: Perform an Enterprise Security Analysis
Appendix A: Mapping Course Content to the CompTIA® Advanced Security Practitioner (Exam CAS-001) Objectives
Appendix B: CompTIA Acronyms
Appendix C: Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity
Appendix D: Managing Risk in Projects
Appendix E: Legal lssues
Appendix F: Judgment and Decision-Making